Born in the bay of San Francisco and raised in the Mid-West cornfields, Luna has always had a big heart and an open mind. In 2009 Luna helped her family open Amara Yoga & Arts, a yoga studio in Urbana, Illinois, and with her background in gymnastics, took to it immediately. She soon developed a strong practice and a passion for the yogic way of life.
In the summer of 2010 Luna completed 200-hour yoga teacher training through YogaWorks in Santa Monica, and she taught public classes at Amara until she graduated from the University of Illinois in 2012. Luna then relocated to Los Angeles where she completed the 300-hour YogaWorks teacher training program with her mentor, Kia Miller. In the fall of 2015 Luna completed the 75-hour Wanderlust teacher training with Schuyler Grant, Chad Dennis and Chelsey Korus. This year Luna fulfilled her dream of visiting India and took an advanced teacher training module with Kia Miller in Rishikesh. Luna’s classes cultivate strength and encourage a sense of peace.
She inspires others to look inside themselves and find a deeper connection with their own expansive potential, wisdom, and healing abilities through yoga.
Training & Certifications
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher - 500 Hr. - Yoga Alliance
- YogaWorks Teacher Training - 200 Hr. - Kia Miller & Sonya Cottle
- YogaWorks Teacher Training - 300 Hr. - Kia Miller
- Wanderlust 75 Hr. Teacher Training - Chad Dennis, Chelsey Korus and Schuyler Grant
- Radiant Body Yoga Advanced Teacher Training - 60 Hr. - Kia Miller
- Practice and The Art of Possibility Teacher Training - 25 Hr. - Carrie Owerko
- Prana & Pranayama Advanced Teacher Training - 60 Hr. - Kia Miller